Strengthmaster Light Commercial Treadmill.
You may feel that you need to hear more about this treadmill, or you may find that you want to see more treadmill options, either way you could contact me immediately on 071 863 7398 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or see more options on www.gymequipmentforsale.co.za
When it comes to light commercial or semi commercial treadmills, I am always very careful about what to recommend.
I mean what do we mean when we talk about a light commercial treadmill?
Clearly the treadmills that we see at a Virgin Active or a Planet Fitness are designed to cater for high usage and many different people per day.
On the other end of the spectrum we have the home treadmills which are designed for around two hours per day. Well the treadmills that are displayed on this site are. I am not sure about some of the treadmills that I have seen at supermarkets sporting motors of 1.25hp.
Light commercial duty unites were developed for the massive demand of that somewhat grey area of in-between usage. More than home usage and less that a full commercial gym.
Commercial Gym owners needs to take careful note of this fact. I get calls every day for prices on my “cheapest commercial treadmill”. When I see what my product is being compared with invariably it is a light commercial unit form another company or even worse… a home treadmill!
Hours of recommended continuous usage
- Home Treadmills : 2 hours per day
- Light commercial: 4 to 6 hours per day
- Commercial Grade: 6 to 8 hours per day
- Club Grade: 8 to 12 hours
The Strengthmaster TR5000 is one of my favorite light commercial treadmills as it certainly ticks all of the boxes.
- Motor: Strong 3hp (AC) motor. The AC motors are quieter and live longer than the normal DC motors
- Running surface is a comfortable 152cm by 51 cm.
- The belt is a 3.3mm thickness belt known as an orthopaedic belt. This minimises shock and s easier on the joints.
- Maximum speed of 18km/h which is more than enough in a light commercial setting.
- Maximum incline of 15%. That is higher than many club grade commercial treadmills. Inclines are really useful in increasing the intensity of a workout without increasing the speed.
- A number of programs including heart rate control programs and user defined programs
- Aluminium toe boards were a very nice touch for me. I am used to seeing so much plastic these days that a bit of metal is such a refreshing change. The aluminium isn’t just a refreshing sight, it actually adds functional strength to the lateral stability of the unit. This is great news for heavier users, (up to 150kg).
- Workouts can be saved onto a USB memory stick and interfaced with a PC program
- Telemetric heart rate functionality. This should be standard with any decent treadmill and if you are really serious about your fitness levels then I would highly recommend a heart rate watch of some kind. In this way you are able to keep track of all of your fitness activity, not just the gym activity.
With a ten year warranty on the frame and three year warranty on the motor this is a fine example of a worthy light commercial treadmill.
All of this for a price of under R24 000!
You may feel that you need to hear more about this treadmill, or you may find that you want to see more treadmill options, either way you could contact me immediately on 071 863 7398 or email me on email@example.com or see more options on www.gymequipmentforsale.co.za